A Plasma Pen treatment is an infliction of a controlled superficial burn to the epidermis emitted by a Plasma Pen device. A small Plasma Arc stimulates instant contraction and tightening of the skin. A small brown mark (carbon dot) is left behind on the skin without causing damage to the surrounding tissue. The fibroblast cells helps with wound healing and thus produces collagen. This process helps the skin to heal itself causing a firmer and more youthful appearance of the skin. The person awarded with this unit standard is able to prepare their workstation and client for a Plasma Pen treatment; they are able to record relevant information and perform an assessment of the client’s skin. Learners are able to use a Plasma Pen treatment device.
You will know how to treat:
Skin Tightening (facial skin tightening, tummy tightening & more)
Upper Eyelid Tightening
Smokers Lines and Subtle Lip Plumping
Benign Mole Removal
Skin Tag Removal
Small Tattoo Removal
Stretch Marks and Scar Revision
Pigmentation (age spot & sun spot removal)
What Will You Learn?
- • Fine lines, Crow’s feet lines, Nasolabial folds/laugh lines, marionette lines,
- smoker/kissing lines, neck lines, Hooded eyes etc.
- • Drooping skin/Loose skin
- • Skin tags, Milia
- • Age spot removal, liver spot removal, freckle removal
- • Scar removal/reduction
- • Stretchmark removal
- • Permanent make up removal – Eyebrows, scalp micropigmentation removal
- Know relevant anatomy, physiology and business studies from unit 17
- Understand what Plasma treatment is
- Sanitation recap
- Anatomy recap
- Assessing the client and preparing treatment plans.
- Provide the treatment
- Provide aftercare.